Wandsworth Council is proposing a Public Space Protection Order to cover all of Graveney Ward and neighbouring Tooting Ward.
There are five things the police would deal with:
1. Drinking alcohol or consuming intoxicating substances after having been required to stop by an authorised person.
2. No person shall fail to surrender unsealed containers of alcohol within the designated area to an authorised person.
3. No person shall fail to surrender sealed containers of alcohol if acting in a manner to cause or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress within the designated area to an authorised person.
4. No person shall loiter in the same location, within the designated area, with intention to beg.
5. No person shall gather in groups of two or more persons and behave in an anti-social manner that causes or is likely to cause harassment alarm and distress
The proposed PSPO would be used in conjunction with the existing policy of sending drug and alcohol outreach workers into the community to engage with street drinkers and encourage them to get treatment.
Have your say by contacting the council : email@example.com